Northern Lights Scout Foundation
The Northern Lights Scout Foundation provides financial support for Scouting in Northern Lights Council from the revenues generated by the investments which it holds for this purpose. The Foundation’s holdings have been acquired over many years through fund raising, donations and bequests. These investments provide an ongoing stream of income for the operation of the Council.
All registered Scouters in Northern Lights Council are Associate Members of the Foundation. Members pay no dues. Members are invited to attend the Annual General Meeting in November each year. The affairs of the Foundation are administered by a Board of Directors elected at the Annual General Meeting.
The Foundation is a registered charity and issues income tax deductible receipts for all donations made to the Foundation.
A donor making a contribution of $1000 or more is recognized by a Companion of the Foundation medal. A donor, or donors, may also nominate another Scouting volunteer to receive the Companion of the Foundation Medal.
All persons who have informed the Foundation that they have included a bequest to the Foundation in their will become members of the Founder’s Circle.
For more information about membership in the Foundation, donations, or bequests to the Foundation or to make a donation please contact: Chris Shantz; President; Board of Directors – firstname.lastname@example.org
The Northern Lights Scout Foundation is pleased to announce a NEW Grant program!
Details are being finalized and an application form will be uploaded by 30 March 2018.
– MAY be provided for project, asset or event
– Individuals, sections and groups may apply
– only PARTIAL funding can be expected
– will NOT be provided for core or program funding; other than “special event/program” ie. Jamboree
– exemptions MAY be considered; however the Foundation’s Board of Director’s decision is FINAL
– applications received DURING the quarter will be evaluated and a decision will be made for payment in the NEXT financial quarter
Q1 – January – March
Q2 April – June
Q3 July – September
Q4 October – December