We are excited to be continuing with our three main National Fundraisers this year: Scout Popcorn, Scout Seeds and our ongoing campaign, Scout Coffee. Currently, we are experimenting with our approach to national fundraisers to empower Groups to fund more exciting adventures.
What we are trying this year:
- Greater flexibility in the choice of fundraisers: Scouts Canada coordinates three national campaigns annually, but we will also be sharing ideas of other local fundraisers that Groups have successfully implemented so other Groups/Section can fundraise based on a winning formula.
- Additionally, we are currently building a portfolio of resources that can be used by Groups specifically for local fundraising campaigns; resources such as review sheets, scripts, customizable web pages and more!
- Extending the Scout Popcorn campaign so that it is available when it is convenient for Groups this fall.
- Continuing Scout Coffee as a year-round campaign.
- Launching Scout Seeds earlier than in previous years. Scouts Seeds will be available starting in mid-January to accommodate different growing seasons across the country.
- Exploring use of mobile payment – Still to be determined, but we are looking at the possibility of offering the ability to collect mobile payments in the field.
As we experiment with a new approach we hope to collect feedback throughout the year so that we can empower our Groups to choose the best fundraising option for them while providing the resources to support their success.
Upcoming townhall sessions:
- Fundraising Coordinators Townhall – July 21 – 8pm ET
Open discussion with Fundraising Coordinators. Are you in charge of fundraising in your group or section? We want you to join us for a discussion about fundraising and the upcoming changes regarding popcorn. Register here.
- Fall Fundraising Townhalls
Are you thinking of fundraising with Scout Popcorn, Scout Coffee or Scout Seeds this year? If you would like to find out more about these fundraisers and see if they could be good options for your group, please join us for one of these sessions. We will also talk about the recent adjustments that we have made to Scout Popcorn for the upcoming fall campaign.
Scout Popcorn – Campaign Dates and New Bulk Ordering Deadlines
The Scout Popcorn campaign is just around the corner, and we’ve made some changes to the campaign to provide more flexibility to our Groups and to ensure orders are processed quickly and efficiently. We’ve also implemented new processes regarding bulk orders that we hope will make the process smoother for Groups. We are also delighted to share that our vendor has also implemented several new measures that will ensure product demand is met in a timely and efficient manner; this includes the addition of an evening production crew as well as new machines to accommodate larger volumes.
Scout Popcorn Dates to Remember:
- Mid-August – Bulk order period opens for groups who want to make bulk purchases for fall events (exact date to be confirmed).
- October 3, 2022 – Scouts Popcorn campaign officially kicks-off.
- October 31, 2022 – Deadline for placing bulk orders for guaranteed delivery before the holidays. Bulk ordering remains open past October 31, but delivery before the holidays cannot be guaranteed.
- December 15th, 2022 – Scout Popcorn campaign closes.